Audition Rules for Pre-Pro and Intermediate Level Students
To audition please fill out our new Audition Form.
But first, please study the detailed instructions below!
Audition fee is $45.
Nota bene: Our Audition Form was designed before COVID. When filling it out, please mark only the option "I'm auditioning for Weeks 1 and 2 of the Program." It is the only option available for this year's 2-week online Summer Intensive.
The Audition Form will require you to provide some information about yourself (the Applicant) along with the following:
- a full-length photograph in ballet clothing in first arabesque position (on relevé en pointe for girls);
- a headshot;
- a video of yourself (the Applicant), see description below:
Video Option 1
A classical variation
Video Option 2
1. Modified barre
Five min video maximum; alternate sides with exercises
- grand battements
Five min of video maximum
- Present a combination of pirouettes en dehors and pirouettes en dedans
- Allegro combinations: petit allegro and grand allegro
3. Pointe work
- A few combinations of pointe work with releve, échappés, retirés, pirouettes en dehors and pirouettes en dedans.
Pointe work is not required for students age 12 and under.
Upload your Audition video on YouTube or Vimeo and include the link where indicated on the Audition Form.
Once your Audition has been reviewed, we will contact you via email with the results.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, email us at [email protected]
We will reply within 2 business days.